Mt. Zion UMC
135 Clay Long Road
Hurdle Mills, NC 27541
8:30 am Praise & Worship Service
9:45 am Sunday School Assembly
10:00 am Sunday School
10:55 am Traditional Worship Service
Mt. Zion’s 3rd annual chili cook-off and lunch fundrasier is February 21st after the 10:55 worship service. The children’s ministry needs your help to make this a successful cook-off!
We will have a people’s choice award and 1st place winner. To enter your chili please let Jackie Swanik, Susanne Duncan or Melisa Poindexter know along with a $10 entry fee.
If you have any questions please see Jackie Swanik (email@example.com), Susanne Duncan or Melisa Poindexter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All donations will go to the camping ministry and bible school.
The Children’s Ministry
All church services and activities are cancelled for Sunday, January 24, 2016, due to the weather. Confirmation class is cancelled and the confirmation class will start next Sunday, January 31. Please stay safe.
A biblically based curriculum that teaches people how to handle money God’s way.
We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God’s ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you’ve dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more! This is the Dave Ramsey plan.
FPU classes meet for around an hour and a half each week for nine weeks. We hope to start the session after the first of the year. If you are interested in participating, please contact Jamie Holeman at 599-6148 or email email@example.com.
To find out more, please see the link below: http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home/?snid=footer.classes.fpu
Any rising 6th graders or current middle and high schoolers that will ACTIVELY participate in the youth group next year and would also like to participate on the dance team, God’s Groove Crew, the first practice is this Sunday, May 31st during the 11:00am worship service. To join in this practice, you must attend the 8:30am worship service and Sunday School.
It is the belief of God’s Groove Crew (GGC) at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church that the dance team is an important ministry to this church. GGC members should view themselves as ministers of the gospel through dance and should view their role as a calling from God. Membership on God’s Groove Crew is a position of Christian leadership.
Guidelines and Requirements
* It is very important for those who participate in GGC to feel that they are “called/led” to participate in this ministry.
* GGC members need to remember they are children of God and they are representatives of Mt. Zion UMC.
* GGC members should keep an encouraging and positive attitude.
* GGC members are encouraged to be actively involved in the Youth Group at Mt. Zion and are dedicated to the church’s vision and mission.
* Practice attendance and punctuality are very important in being a member of GGC.
* As preparations are made for new dances, weekly rehearsals may be required, and members should arrive promptly.
* Poor attendance and showing up late for rehearsals demonstrate a lack of discipline and respect for the Lord’s ministry.
* Those who are unable to attend rehearsal on a regular basis, including the rehearsal prior to performing, should not expect to perform in the current dance.
* Parents – When your child accepts the call to minister through God’s Groove Crew, you as a parent also become a part of this ministry as an encourager and supporter.
* Notification of rehearsals, events, etc. will be communicated on the GGC Facebook page and through text messages to the both the GGC member and parent/s.
Love in Christ,
Denise Jacques Davis and Jill Rimmer
“The young women will dance for joy, and the men~old and young will join in celebrating. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorry for gladness.” Jeremiah 31:13
We are currently in need of two Sunday School teachers to lead the 1st and 2nd grade class. If you feel led to serve in this position please let Pastor Donald know. This is an opportunity to share your faith with the children.
Save Lives Through Imagine No Malaria
United Methodists are committed to bring an end to death and suffering from malaria.
Join the NC Conference – UMC’s commitment and help us raise $1 million and save 100,000 lives.
$10 SAVES A LIFE
There will be a special offering for the Imagine No Malaria Campaign on June 7
With a winter weather advisory in effect and the threat of freezing rain and slick conditions in the morning, all church services and the youth meeting are cancelled for Sunday, March 1, 2015.
The annual Christmas Eve Service will begin at 8:30 pm in the Sanctuary. Please join in worshipping and celebrating the birth of Christ.
Thank you God for the joy you give us. We ask that as we wait for all your promises to come true, and for Christ to come again, that you would remain present with us. Help us today, and everyday to worship you, to hear your word, and to do your will by sharing your joy with each other. We ask it in the name of the one who was born in Bethlehem.