Any rising 6th graders or current middle and high schoolers that will ACTIVELY participate in the youth group next year and would also like to participate on the dance team, God’s Groove Crew, the first practice is this Sunday, May 31st during the 11:00am worship service. To join in this practice, you must attend the 8:30am worship service and Sunday School.
It is the belief of God’s Groove Crew (GGC) at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church that the dance team is an important ministry to this church. GGC members should view themselves as ministers of the gospel through dance and should view their role as a calling from God. Membership on God’s Groove Crew is a position of Christian leadership.
Guidelines and Requirements
* It is very important for those who participate in GGC to feel that they are “called/led” to participate in this ministry.
* GGC members need to remember they are children of God and they are representatives of Mt. Zion UMC.
* GGC members should keep an encouraging and positive attitude.
* GGC members are encouraged to be actively involved in the Youth Group at Mt. Zion and are dedicated to the church’s vision and mission.
* Practice attendance and punctuality are very important in being a member of GGC.
* As preparations are made for new dances, weekly rehearsals may be required, and members should arrive promptly.
* Poor attendance and showing up late for rehearsals demonstrate a lack of discipline and respect for the Lord’s ministry.
* Those who are unable to attend rehearsal on a regular basis, including the rehearsal prior to performing, should not expect to perform in the current dance.
* Parents — When your child accepts the call to minister through God’s Groove Crew, you as a parent also become a part of this ministry as an encourager and supporter.
* Notification of rehearsals, events, etc. will be communicated on the GGC Facebook page and through text messages to the both the GGC member and parent/s.
Love in Christ,
Denise Jacques Davis and Jill Rimmer
“The young women will dance for joy, and the men~old and young will join in celebrating. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorry for gladness.” Jeremiah 31:13